Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a NAS, Need help.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Cee
Admin
Jay Cee

Looking for a NAS, Need help.  Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a NAS, Need help.    Looking for a NAS, Need help.  EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 am

Ok tech friends I need a little help with figuring out what I need to get to have the best performance, storage, accessibility, security and all the other bull shit that comes with NAS units or how to make a server for my father in law.

This is what I need it for:

My father in law is an orthodontist and recently had his practice broken into and they stole all of his computers (we will be purchasing new Orthodontic software) in the one office (along with 65k worth of ortho instruments) so we want to create an off site "server/backup" computer or whatever.

He has multiple offices and currently the way he does his backups is at the end of the day he backs the database up to a external SSD and takes it home with him each day. The problem with doing this is if he backs up the database from one office the receptionist cannot do any insurance billing for the other offices or when he comes back to restore the database it will erase the work she did.. long story short I want to have the server located at his house (the have a fireproof walk in vault in their basement) and then have the server drives networked to each of his offices so he can either back up to them directly or just make that the primary drive for the database so when anything is saved from the ortho software it saves to the server at home rather than on the computer in the office.

I have to admit I really don't know that much about networking and or servers so the above might not be the best way to set this all up and that is why I am asking for your help here. If there is a better way to do this please let me know and what hardware/software do you recommend to do this.

Thanks - Jake
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a NAS, Need help.    Looking for a NAS, Need help.  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 am

Wish I could help. I think Pun might be the guy to answer this...
Back to top Go down
Jay Cee
Admin
Jay Cee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a NAS, Need help.    Looking for a NAS, Need help.  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Yeah. I was kinda hoping that goof ball would pop in and give me some input on what he thinks is best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a NAS, Need help.    Looking for a NAS, Need help.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a NAS, Need help.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hardware :: Storage-
Jump to: